Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Memoirs of a Vagabond. Pt.5

and so now I sit here in the British Airways executive lounge, waiting for a 6:55 flight to London...

Gosh, can't believe the choir tour is over. What a way to end my last year (hopefully) with the music department.

I can't really describe how I feel and what exactly is going on inside, all I can conclude from the whole trip is that He is so faithful.

I've said it so many times but it's true - He has been the strength of my heart.

*selah*

On the second last day of the tour we went on a 3 hour coach ride to Berlin from Leipzig. I didn't expect too much since the tour was winding down and well, nothing good supposedly happens at the end of a tour.

We were due to visit the Pergamon museum - Ive never heard of it.

It wasn't until they introduced the place to us on the coach that I started becoming really interested in seeing it.

We arrived and recieved the tour, and I learnt that one of the factors that made the Pergamon museum so unique and significant was that it contained monumental artefacts of the ancient world. Huge statues and architecture of several ancient cultures.

So we walked past the Turkey section and the Roman section and I was like yea this is cool! But it wasn't until we got to the Babylon section that I realized that God was trying to speak to me ...

and what I saw there absolutely floored me.

Our tour guide walked us through one of the main entrances to the ancient city of Babylon and showed us the inscriptions on the wall by King Nebuchadnezzer.

It suddenly hit me ... these ancient walls and massive entrance were the same buildings that the Israelites saw as they were taken captive ...

These were the walls they saw when Jerusalem fell, when there heart grew cold to God...

these walls and this gate were the very symbols of their captivity.

Could you imagine what they felt as they walked through those gates not knowing anymore whether they would see home? Not knowing if they'll ever be free.

*selah*

and so I sat down there and chills ran up my spine ... and I remembered parts of the Book of Jeremiah as he wrote to the captives in Babylon...

I cried there at the Berlin Pergamon Museum remembering Jeremiah 29:

After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive...

...

Only those closest to me would know the significance of that verse...

On the ride home I closed my eyes and asked Him, what are You trying to tell me Lord?

I broke down on the back seat of the bus as He whispered,

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt ...

I'm bringing you back Will ... "

...

I wept for so long on the back of that bus...

and with a tender heart, I write this now at Frankfurt Airport feeling ready for the next part of my journey...

His love never quits, His faithfulness stretches to the skies ... He never fails.


*selah*



Still running hard. He has been the strength of my heart.

No comments: